Voting by Mail
You are eligible to vote early by mail if you are a registered voter who is:
- 65 years of age or older
- Expected absence from the county during both the early voting period and on election day (The ballot must be mailed to an address outside the county.)
- Confined in jail and not finally convicted of a felony
To vote by mail, you must first apply for a ballot. You may download a formal application from our site or you may submit a request in writing. The written request must contain the following information:
- Your signature
- Your name and the address at which you are registered to vote
- The address to which the ballot is to be mailed
- The election date and the election for which you are requesting a ballot
- Reason why you are eligible to vote early by mail
- The request must be received in the Elections Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
- The request must be in writing and may be hand delivered prior to Monday, June 5, 2017.
- After Monday, June 5th, in order to be received on time, the request must be faxed to 325-674-1340 or emailed to email@example.com
Applications for Ballot by Mail must be received by the early voting clerk no later than:
City of Abilene Runoff Election - Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
The early voting clerk must receive your marked ballot by 7:00 p.m. on election day:
City of Abilene Runoff Election - Saturday, June 17, 2017
Completed applications may be submitted by mail, email, or by fax;
Taylor County Voter Registrar
P.O. Box 3318
Abilene, TX 79604
Military and Overseas Voters
U.S. citizens residing outside the United States, along with members of the uniformed services and their family members, are eligible to use the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form to request a ballot by mail. The FPCA also serves as an application for voter registration for eligible citizens not currently registered to vote. You may obtain an FPCA form from the Voting Assistance Officer at each military installation or by calling the Federal Voting Assistance Program at 800-438-8683.
Please be sure and provide an e-mail address and telephone number in the appropriate sections of the form so that we can contact you if your application is missing any required information. An FPCA is valid for one calendar year and expires December 31st of each year. Please submit a new FPCA after December 31st of each year or anytime you have a change of mailing address.
For more information, contact the early voting clerk at 325-674-1216.