VOLUNTEER DEPUTY REGISTRARS
Helping Taylor County Citizens Register to Vote
Volunteer Deputy Registrars (VDRs) are entrusted with the responsibility of officially registering voters in Taylor County. They are appointed by county voter registrars and charged with helping increase voter registration in their county. Acceptance of the duties of volunteer deputy registrar places you in a position of trust and responsibility to the citizens you will register to vote.
- Are appointed by each county’s voter registrar;
- Distribute, assist in completion & review of voter registration applications;
- Accept completed voter registration application and provide receipts;
- Turn in completed applications in person to their county voter registrar office within 5 calendar days;
- VDRs serve for two-year terms expiring on December 31 of even-numbered years.
You may become a deputy registrar by attending any of our in person training classes. Upon completion of the training class, you will be issued a certificate of appointment and all necessary supplies needed to register citizens.
VOLUNTEER DEPUTY REGISTRAR
Training Sessions for 2020
The Taylor County Elections Office is working diligently to
stay informed of the newest information regarding the
COVID 19 Virus as it becomes available.
Effective 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 23, 2020 our office is closed to the public. We will not be conducting VDR training in person
at our office.
We are awaiting guidance from the Secretary of State's
office regarding the ability of individuals to access
For more information contact:
Taylor County Elections Office
400 Oak Street, Suite 101
Abilene, TX 79602